On-line Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the $2 charge added to the payment amount?
It is a convenience fee that is charged for each transaction.
- Why does Silo Schools charge a convenience fee?
The $2 convenience fee helps cover the cost of implementing and maintaining this on-line fee payment service.
- Is the $2 convenience fee charged for each student?
No, the $2 convenience fee is charged each time you complete the payment process. You can pay for multiple students at one time so we suggest that if you have more than one child, you pay all of your children’s fees at one time.
- I see where payments can be made e-check, but what about credit cards?
“Payment by credit or debit card” is to the right of “Payment by check.”
- What credit cards are accepted?
Only MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
- How do I know if my transaction is complete?
You should receive two confirmations:
Is it possible to print a receipt for my records?
- An order summary
- An e-mail with “PaySchools Receipt” in the Subject line.
After you complete your purchase, an e-mail confirmation and receipt will immediately be sent to you. You can also view and print historical purchases and payments on-line.
- Is my credit card and checking account information secure?
PaySchools uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, requires passwords throughout the program, and does not store personal bank or credit card information to ensure privacy and security for users.
- There is a page that shows my shopping cart with the option to change the quantity of an item. Is it possible to order more than one of each item (i.e. yearbook, t-shirt, etc)?
No, the options are a quantity of “1” or none. Example: If you have multiple children at the same school, and they all want a yearbook, you will order one for each child. (Remember to do it on the same transaction to save the convenience fee)
- How will PaySchool/Silo Schools know who is paying the fee?
Each user is required to set up an account with PaySchools. Your contact information (name, address, and phone number) including an e-mail address is required to set up the account. No credit card or banking information is stored with the user account.
- Are refunds handled through the web site?
No, refunds will be processed thru specific fund administrators directly.
- Who may I contact when I have question?